Systems' Engineer - Service and Support
Tannlin is the world leader in precision laser cutting of thin metals, producing industry leading laser systems and laser processed components. The company is seeking an engineer to join its systems’ team to assist in the continuing development, installation and servicing of our systems. The position will involve supporting new installations; and the existing systems through both remote diagnostic support and site visits. The post will be based at Prestwick and will entail worldwide travel.
Tannlin laser systems supply components across a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive, household appliances, consumer products and electronics.
In addition to its headquarters at Prestwick, Tannlin has further manufacturing facilities in southern England, Hungary and Romania as well as sales bases in USA, Russia, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Based at our headquarters in Monkton, the role will involve:
- assisting with new customer installations
- servicing existing installations
- providing remote technical support to customers world wide
- undertake inspection and maintenance schedules of Tannlin systems
- ensuring systems comply with safety regulations, agency certifications and approval
- writing technical reports
- international travel
Degree or HND with experience in either mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering or another relevant discipline preferable.
- logical working approach
- ability to prioritise and plan work
- decision making skills
- project management skills
- professional attitude
- good communication skills
- understanding of safety regulations, product certification and compliance
- full driving licence
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary – depending on experience and qualifications
- Supported professional development
- Primary health care
- Opportunity to work on truly innovative projects
- Chance to take responsibility and problem solve
Preferred Start Date: June 2019